One of the quirks/perks of breastfeeding is I get truly hungry, and if I’ve not had a triple sized main meal then I’m going to be grazing on everything I see!
Time to step up on the healthy snacks.
My favourites…and by no means the healthiest although I try, are
- Hummus and fresh vegetables (Cucumber, Peppers, Carrots)
- Steamed purple sweet potatoes (which are actually yellow inside)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Edam cheese
- Peanut butter and maple syrup with Himalayan sea salt
- Additionally, I’ve been using Herbalife protein bars to keep up with my calories (And sugar, and GMO soy, eeps!)
- Lots of water! Need some help with the taste, so mum’s been brewing delicious thirst quenching Luo Han Guo and Chrysanthemum tea.
- A glass of full cream milk
- A Guinness stout or any good hoppy beer here and there as a happy galactogogue 🙂
I’m sure many a seasoned mama has had these ‘woes’ before and I’m being a true n00b sharing this old wives’ old news.