The one person who will take most of my ugly side is of course my dear husband.
Some tactics I will apply:
1. Filter every criticism with:
Is he like that ALL the time?
Am I like that too at times?
2. Celebrate common achievements or traits
In areas where I have excelled or improved, reflect on whether he has too.
3. Instead of criticizing, express the need:
When you do this, I feel that.
I need …
Start a solution focused conversation.
4. For the traits that I share, first work on myself ie. lateness, before I can help him overcome it too.
5. Within every argument, lies a dream. Talk about our dreams.
6. Journalling with this template