During this visit I had the pleasure of meeting with one of the founders Miss Sheila Ong (AMI 3-6, 6-12) and Kelly (AMI 3-6) trained montessori guide.
Since then, they had found a new site for their preschool at Kovan. (23 Jalan Teliti, Singapore 537319)
Both their locations were a deal breaker for me, but let me continue, as they provide an authentic, loving environment and I would trust my son in their care wholeheartedly.
I was bullish about finding out about them as I wanted to have an option should I decide to pull Nat out of mainstream education in order to better fulfil his potential.
- Elementary school Montessori – the only one in Singapore!
- 3 hour work cycles
- Mixed age classes
- Authentic staff that exude integrity and love.
- Montessori Piano guide as part of their staff
- No guarantee that he would be allowed to pursue elementary education (MOH exemption letter is needed for all Singaporean Citizens)
- Smaller sport and pastoral/religious component as compared with a typical large government catholic school
This school and their loving team ticked all my virtues-loving, montessori mad mummy boxes and I am very pleased to have an option should mainstream school not bring out the best in him!